Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Tragedy

A recent e-mail from a blog reader:

sorry for the delay, I've currently been busy figuring out what I'm
going to do next year. I got rejected from USD a couple of weeks ago
and am deciding between some DO programs. I was working in one of the
labs here at USD so it was a little disappointing.

I admit I hadn't thought about the USD admissions committee until your
blog. However I have always wondered about why certain people get the
right to decide who our future doctors will be.

Before I came back to USD I had graduated with a 3.7 and got a 29 on my mcat.

So that's basically my story. How about you? What inspired you to
speak out? You've definitely attracted some attention and have
handled them well.

Once again, an individual rejected by this Admissions Committee. It seems odd that someone with such good scores was rejected, but yet, the Admissions Committee offered positions to several people with 2.5 GPAs and 5s on the MCAT. Most likely, a relative of someone on the Admissions Committee (yeap ... the subject of our next post ... the sons/daughters of the Admissions Committee that were admitted).

No comments:

Post a Comment